How can you make the most out of your Dinner Party during the holidays while still being able to enjoy it and not stress it?
Its the holidays and you are thinking of having a party or a big dinner with many people invited.
That is actually a good idea and many people will enjoy their time but will you ? Knowing that you have to prepare the food, cook, mingle with the guests, clean, and still be able to hold your alcohol?
Here are some tips that will help you enjoy your dinner and make the most out of this dinner party:
1. Plan at least 2 weeks ahead of time. Yes that means, getting the food, sending these dinner invites, buying the necessary alcohol and setting up that Xmas or decoration that you will need for this dinner party.
Only when you plan ahead of time will you realize if you are missing details an if you need to run around and get it from somewhere. What is best to do is to put down a list of guests that will be attending the party, if they have any food reservations and then write down the menu. This includes the appetizers, the main dishes, drinks including alcohol and non alcohol and yes the so difficult one the dessert as well.
Send all the invites to the guests and find out how many people will actually attend the party.
2. Buy the necessary item on the list you have on number 1. Store them in the freezer so you can rest assured that it is available. Only leave the vegetables to the last minute. That way you can also grab all items that you forgot about last minute.
3. Clean your place a few days ahead of time. If you will be doing the cleaning then that’s fine but if you plan on hiring maids to do the house cleaning service then you would need to book these cleaning companies ahead of time especially that most of them will be booked during the holidays.
4. Plan the music in the party. This means you need to have a playlist arranged so that your guests can have fun and you wont have to worry about music anymore during the party. Songs will play on and on for hours.
5. Put up the party decorations after the cleaning has been completed. It is necessary to see how the place will look like the days before so you can plan to buy anything that is missing from your theme party.
6. Marinate all the food needed a few days before and have a plan on when the food preparations will start prior to the party and the day of the party. For example, when will you put that chicken in the oven… If you are buying dessert or making it then it needs to be done before the night before the party and in the fridge.
7. Most important, the day of the party, dont stress it, enjoy have fun and if all is planned then it should not be an issue to relax and even get some help from some people around. After all, it is supposed to be a time to enjoy.
8. After the party, make sure you have planned for a cleaning to be done with either a cleaning company or someone that can help with cleaning the after party mess. This is the worse fun part about the party and you dont want to spend days after trying to cleanup and regretting it even happened.
9. Watch out for the furniture in your home and make sure no one is putting some wine or spilled something on it. It is important to know sooner rather than later.
Appreciate that people are there to have fun and so are you, so follow the steps above and enjoy our party!